DUKE WORLD RUNNER CARBON 27 R
The World Runner carbon 27 R* rim has been specially designed with a multi-purpose use as both a Gravel, Bike Packing and Beach Race wheel. It will satisfy the demands of the cyclo-x racers and those of the aficionado of treks and long-distance rides. As well as having a ground-breaking design, the World Runner is more lighter, and more durable. Carbon tubeless ready version with disc-braking. Also available in alloy. R* for racing
Our partner stores
Asymmetric (Offset) profile
By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral strength and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. More.
Our Tubeless compatible rims (UST, Tubeless Ready and Notubes), only require some Duke rim tape and a Tubeless-ready valve. They can also be used in a classic clincher set up (tyre & inner tube).More.
Wide inner rim
A wider profile rim increases the sensation of comfort, for the rider, compared to a similar width tyre mounted on a narrow “standard” rim because of the increased air volume in the tyre. More.
Rim intended for a disc braking system, not intended for use with brake pads.
- Max rider weight :
- Use :
————————————————————Flat terrain —————————————————————-Hilly—————————————————————-Mountain100%
- Carbon rim for standard clincher and inner tube or Tubeless. Designed for a multipurpose use on normal trails and tracks, gravel bike, bike packing and beach race and on all road types
- Version “R” for racing on this new version we have used a brand new manufacturing technology which has allowed us to lower the weight of the rim by 45g and increase the Inner width by 2.5 mm from 22.5 to 25 mm, while guaranteeing exactly the same strength!
- Available rim profiles: 27.5 mm
- Asymmetric profile: with the appearance of disc brakes and the increase in the number of cassette speeds, the drive side flange is getting “pushed” more and more to the interior of the wheel. This normally causes a reduced lateral stiffness due to the slacker bracing angles that result in slower response and greater susceptibility to the impact of crosswinds. At DUKE, to overcome this phenomenon we have come up with an asymmetric (2.3 mm offset) rear wheel design that gives improved bracing angles compared to symmetric wheels and enables us to obtain better balance between the drive and non-drive side spoke tensions for improved stiffness and durability over the long-term.
- Extra wide 25 mm inner rim width. Increases tyre volume improve speed, comfort and grip, especially in the corners.
- Cross section rim:
- World Runner Carbon 27 R :