DUKE LUCKY STAR HD 6TERS
The big sister of the Lucky Star, this reinforced HD (for Heavy Duty & 6TERS = sisters = sœurs) MTB rims profiles are differentiated as we do not ask the rims the same qualities while riding :
A front wheel must give grip, be light, stiff and handy. A rear wheel must be more comfortable, stronger and offer more efficiency.
Thus the front and rear wheels have different profiles and lay-ups. In collaboration with the Absalon and the Perrin-Ganier brothers, the 6TERS front and rear profiles complement each other for a greater efficiency in the trails. A rims for the dedicated XC rider.
Our partner stores
The bead of the tyre is held in position irrespective of the tyre pressure and the ground conditions, preventing any risk of the tyre coming off its rim even when giving it full gas in the corners. More.
Asymmetric (Offset) profile
By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral strength and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. More.
Our Tubeless compatible rims (UST, Tubeless Ready and Notubes), only require some Duke rim tape and a Tubeless-ready valve. They can also be used in a classic clincher set up (tyre & inner tube).
- Max rider weight :
50kg——————————————————————————————————– 75kg—————————————————— ———————————————–110kg110kg
- Discipline :
. XC XCO Trail AM
- Terrain :
. Soft Médium HardMéd
- Designed, developed and tested in Europe. Aluminum (DUKE owns all rim manufacturing tools) rim for Tubeless or standard clincher and inner tube.
- DUKE 6Ters In 2019, MTB rims profiles are differentiated as we do not ask the rims the same qualities while riding :
A front wheel must give grip, be light, stiff and handy.
A rear wheel must be more comfortable, tronger and offer more efficiency.
In collaboration with the Absalon and the Perrin-Ganier brothers, the 6TERS front and rear profiles complement each other for a greater efficiency in the trails.
Many of you are aware of different needs because you are already using different section tires at front and rear wheel.
The Duke 6TERS concept offers a wider front rim than the rear rim for more grip and stiffness. Its weight is optimized for robustness.
The rear profile is reworked with a reduced section, to improve compliance and increase the impact resistance, the constraints being much more important on the back wheel.
- Asymmetric profile ( front 2,3mm – rear 2.1mm offset) : By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral stiffness and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. The rim is stronger, and the impact of crosswinds is reduced. Plus, with offsetting there’s a better balance between the drive and non-drive side spoke tensions and improved durability over the long-term.
- Extra wide (front 27,5mm – rear 25.5mm inner rim width).. Increases tyre volume improve speed, comfort and grip, especially in the corners.
- A wider rim allows us to increase the volume of air in the tyre, this improves ride comfort. Also, the tyre is securely held between the rim sidewalls, making the bike more stable. A larger volume tyre also increases grip and speed. Even tyres inflated to a low pressure are securely held between the rim sidewalls and the impact of the tyre displacing around the rim is reduced. The bike is more stable and the steering cleaner. We can also fit a narrower tyre to a wider rim without losing any volume compared to a similar width tyre fitted to a narrow rim, with the result a gain in inertia, the narrower tyre being that much lighter.
- Hookless rim, this type of rim is far stronger than the traditional clincher rim. We have used this technology with great success, on our rims since 2011. The tyre is fitted as per a traditional clincher, and is securely held in place similarly to a clincher rim.
- Max rider weight :