The Lucky Jack 3K has long been the flagship rim in our XC range. Light, comfortable, rigid and durable, the Lucky Jack will have the reply to every race situation. The Hookless system makes the rim more durable and provides a better platform to securely hold the tyre in position, even at low tyre pressures.
Used by some of the world’s best riders such as Julien Absalon (Team Absolute Absalon), Titouan Perrin-Ganier (Team Focus, World XCE Champion 2017), the Scott Creuse Oxygène Team, Titouan Carod and his teammates at Team BMC International, Mathias Flückiger and his teammates at Team Radon.
Also available in a reinforced (VF) version: LUCKY JACK RF that was specifically developed for e-bikes and the most experienced riders.
Our partner stores
SLS (Super Light Series)
The SLS rims are 10% lighter than classic version, while maintaining exactly the same strength and stiffness. More.
DUKE Original Profile
In 2 words, Duke Technology. DUKE is proprietor of the manufacturing tools and processes for its alloy rims and of the moulds for its carbon models. More.
This type of rim is far stronger than the traditional clincher rim. We have used this technology with great success, on our rims since 2011. More.
The bead of the tyre is held in position irrespective of the tyre pressure and the ground conditions, preventing any risk of the tyre coming off its rim even when giving it full gas in the corners. More.
Asymmetric (Offset) profile
By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral strength and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. More.
Heavy Duty Building Concept
The HD, or “Heavy Duty” wheel design is perfect for all types of terrain. Available only on carbon rims and certain alloy rims (such as the Fury Star SL, Fury Star). More.
Wide inner rim
A wider profile rim increases the sensation of comfort, for the rider, compared to a similar width tyre mounted on a narrow “standard” rim because of the increased air volume in the tyre. More.
Our Tubeless compatible rims (UST, Tubeless Ready and Notubes), only require some Duke rim tape and a Tubeless-ready valve. They can also be used in a classic clincher set up (tyre & inner tube).
- Max rider weight (rider+bike+equipement) :
50kg——————————————————————————————————– 75kg—————————————————— ———————————————–100kg95kg
- Discipline :
——————————————–XC—————————————– XCO————————————— Trail—————————————-AM——————————–EnduroTrail
- Terrain :
————————————————————————-Soft ——————————————————————Médium ————————————————————–HardHard
- Max rider weight (rider+bike+equipement) :
Grand test VojoMagazine (10/2015) : les Duke Lucky Jack remportent le grand comparatif !
“Au final, les Duke Lucky Jack remportent tous les suffrages et elles prennent la première place de ce test. Une première place d’autant plus méritée qu’il s’agit non seulement de la paire dont l’ensemble des performances nous ont le plus impressionnés, mais aussi parce qu’il s’agit des roues les moins chères de ce test. Un must qu’on vous conseille fortement !“
Pour lire le comparatif complet : http://mag.vojomag.com/test-5-paires-de-roues-carbone-xc-29-pouces/11/
- Designed, developed and tested in Europe. Carbon (DUKE is the proprietor of all its carbon rim moulds) rim for Tubeless or standard clincher and inner tube.
- Asymmetric profile ( 2.6 mm offset) : By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral stiffness and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. The rim is stronger, and the impact of crosswinds is reduced. Plus, with offsetting there’s a better balance between the drive and non-drive side spoke tensions and improved durability over the long-term.
- Extra wide 25.6 mm inner rim width.. Increases tyre volume improve speed, comfort and grip, especially in the corners.
- A wider rim allows us to increase the volume of air in the tyre, this improves ride comfort. Also, the tyre is securely held between the rim sidewalls, making the bike more stable. A larger volume tyre also increases grip and speed. Even tyres inflated to a low pressure are securely held between the rim sidewalls and the impact of the tyre displacing around the rim is reduced. The bike is more stable and the steering cleaner. We can also fit a narrower tyre to a wider rim without losing any volume compared to a similar width tyre fitted to a narrow rim, with the result a gain in inertia, the narrower tyre being that much lighter.
- Hookless rim, this type of rim is far stronger than the traditional clincher rim. We have used this technology with great success, on our rims since 2011. The tyre is fitted as per a traditional clincher, and is securely held in place similarly to a clincher rim
- Lateral stiffness is improved by 40% compared to the previous version of this wheel.
- Impact resistance, even on the roughest terrain: impact energy absorption is improved by more than >50% compared to the previous version of this wheel.
- Crash Replacement :We automatically include a lifetime Crash Replacement package with the sale of any of our carbon wheels. In the event of an accident or heavy crash resulting in damage to your rim rendering it unusable, we will replace it at reduced cost:
– 40% off the price, at the time, of a new rim. We will not charge labour or the shipping costs.
– Unlimited lifetime package included with the purchase of a pair of any DUKE carbon wheels.
- Cross section rim :
Decals for Rim DUKE
Utilisés par les meilleurs coureurs mondiaux comme Julien Absalon (Team BMC), Titouan Perrin Ganier (Team Focus) ou Mathias Flückiger (Team Radon)