Baccara C SLS2 (super light série 2)
The SLS2 series is 10% lighter than the previous SLS version while enhancing comfort. The profile of the rim has been reworked to improve its aerodynamics and stability in all wind conditions. Compatible with classic clincher and tubeless ready tires. Available in six rim profiles 36, 42, 48, 56, 65 or 78mm. Disc and rim braking.
Our partner stores
Our Tubeless compatible rims (UST, Tubeless Ready and Notubes), only require some Duke rim tape and a Tubeless-ready valve. They can also be used in a classic clincher set up (tyre & inner tube).More.
Asymmetric (Offset) profile
By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral strength and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. More.
Wide inner rim
A wider profile rim increases the sensation of comfort, for the rider, compared to a similar width tyre mounted on a narrow “standard” rim because of the increased air volume in the tyre. More.
Disc and Rim Braking
The braking tracks are made using a high temperature resin offering performance superior to the traditional basalt.
- Max rider weight :
- Discipline :
- Carbon UD (Unidirectional layup) rim (DUKE is the proprietor of all its carbon rim moulds), designed, developed and tested at our premises in the Vendée (FRANCE). For this new generation, we worked on 3 points: weight, comfort and aerodynamics. Thanks to the SLS2 technology we have lowered the weight by 10%, due to the use of high modulus fibers and a new process of molding in sealed enclosure with resins of new generation. This process also allows better filtration of vibrations generated by the particle size of the bitumen. The comfort is improved.
- Available rim profiles: 36 ultra Disc, 36, 42 and 48 asymetric and 36, 42, 48, 56, 65 and 78mm symetrical, .
- Asymmetric profile: with the appearance of disc brakes and the increase in the number of cassette speeds, the drive side flange is getting “pushed” more and more to the interior of the wheel. This normally causes a reduced lateral stiffness due to the slacker bracing angles that result in slower response and greater susceptibility to the impact of crosswinds. At DUKE, to overcome this phenomenon we have come up with an asymmetric (2mm offset) rear wheel design that gives improved bracing angles compared to symmetric wheels and enables us to obtain better balance between the drive and non-drive side spoke tensions for improved stiffness and durability over the long-term.
- Asymmetric profile: 2mm offset.
- Extra wide 27.6 mm inner rim width. The inside width between hooks is larger with 21mm. This gives more volume to the tires and thus improves performance, comfort and cornering grip. A wide rim also means being able to use thinner and lighter tires while maintaining the comfort, softness and grip provided by a larger volume of air. The recommended tire widths are 25mm and 28mm, tubeless or tubetype. The profile of the rim has been reworked to improve its aerodynamics and stability in all wind conditions. The outer width is larger with 27.6 mm and has a new warhead shape. This reduces aerodynamic drag and thus increases its speed. The wheels are also less sensitive to side wind and the steering more precise, the cyclist feels more confident. The best results are achieved with 25mm tires.
- A wider rim allows us to increase the volume of air in the tyre, this improves ride comfort. Also, the tyre is securely held between the rim sidewalls, making the bike more stable. A larger volume tyre also increases grip and speed. Even tyres inflated to a low pressure are securely held between the rim sidewalls and the impact of the tyre displacing around the rim is reduced. The bike is more stable and the steering cleaner. We can also fit a narrower tyre to a wider rim without losing any volume compared to a similar width tyre fitted to a narrow rim, with the result a gain in inertia, the narrower tyre being that much lighter.
- Crash Replacement :We automatically include a lifetime Crash Replacement package with the sale of any of our carbon wheels. In the event of an accident or heavy crash resulting in damage to your rim rendering it unusable, we will replace it at reduced cost:
– 30% off the price, at the time, of a new rim. We will not charge labour or the shipping costs.
– Unlimited lifetime package included with the purchase of a pair of any DUKE carbon wheels.
- Asymmetric cross section rim Baccara SLS2
- Symmetrical cross section rim Baccara SLS2
Baccara C SLS2 DISC
Baccara C SLS2
Exemples de montages
- Discipline :