Baccara X-MACHINE SLS2 36T (super light série 2)
The SLS2 series is 10% lighter than the previous SLS version while enhancing comfort. The profile of the rim has been reworked to improve its aerodynamics and stability in all wind conditions. Compatible with tubular. Created specifically for cyclo-cross Disc braking only.
Our partner stores
SLS (Super Light Series)
The SLS rims are 10% lighter than classic version, while maintaining exactly the same strength and stiffness. More.
DUKE Original Profile
In 2 words, Duke Technology. DUKE is proprietor of the manufacturing tools and processes for its alloy rims and of the moulds for its carbon models. More.
Asymmetric (Offset) profile
By offsetting, we can increase the wheel’s lateral strength and its stability without adding weight. Rim drillings are off-centre to improve bracing angles for a stronger, more rigid wheel. More.
Rim intended for a disc braking system, not intended for use with brake pads.
- Max system weight (rider+bike+equipement) :
- Use :
————————————————————Flat terrain —————————————————————-Hilly—————————————————————-MountainB36T
- Carbon UD (Unidirectional layup) rim (DUKE is the proprietor of all its carbon rim moulds), designed, developed and tested at our premises in the Vendée (FRANCE). For this new generation, we worked on 3 points: weight, comfort and aerodynamics. Thanks to the SLS2 technology we have lowered the weight by 10%, due to the use of high modulus fibers and a new process of molding in sealed enclosure with resins of new generation. This process also allows better filtration of vibrations generated by the particle size of the bitumen. The comfort is improved.
The Baccarat X-Machine rim has passed all UCI tests and is homologated to race on all World Cup races of Cyclocross!
- Available rim profiles: 36mm asymetric.
- Asymmetric profile: with the appearance of disc brakes and the increase in the number of cassette speeds, the drive side flange is getting “pushed” more and more to the interior of the wheel. This normally causes a reduced lateral stiffness due to the slacker bracing angles that result in slower response and greater susceptibility to the impact of crosswinds. At DUKE, to overcome this phenomenon we have come up with an asymmetric (2mm offset) rear wheel design that gives improved bracing angles compared to symmetric wheels and enables us to obtain better balance between the drive and non-drive side spoke tensions for improved stiffness and durability over the long-term.
- Asymmetric profile: 2mm offset.
- Extra wide 27.6 mm inner rim width. This gives more volume to the tires and thus improves performance, comfort and cornering grip. A wide rim also means being able to use thinner and lighter tires while maintaining the comfort, softness and grip provided by a larger volume of air. The recommended tire widths are 25mm and 28mm. The profile of the rim has been reworked to improve its aerodynamics and stability in all wind conditions. The outer width is larger with 27.6 mm and has a new warhead shape. This reduces aerodynamic drag and thus increases its speed. The wheels are also less sensitive to side wind and the steering more precise, the cyclist feels more confident. The best results are achieved with 25mm tires.
- Crash Replacement :We automatically include a lifetime Crash Replacement package with the sale of any of our carbon wheels. In the event of an accident or heavy crash resulting in damage to your rim rendering it unusable, we will replace it at reduced cost:
– 50% off the price of a new rim, parts and the labour.
– Unlimited lifetime package included with the purchase of a pair of any DUKE carbon wheels.
- Asymmetric cross section rim Baccara X-MACHINE SLS2